Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Proofing!!

OK so it seems like everybody is pregnant these days. Women who had babies around the same time as I did are now going on there second. Some chicas I know are having there first...so exciting! I can't help that I'm a little jealous. I would love to be able to go on and have a second child. I wish it was a feasible option but at this time... unfortunately it is not. BUT for all those ladies out there who are enjoying a little him or her swimming around there bellies, Congratulations!  It's a happy time! It's a scary time, no matter if it's your first or fifth, baby's can get you a little over anxious and overwhelmed. Still in any case every women goes though her nesting period while pregnant. Whether it be cleaning the house ( I hand scrubbed my walls from top to bottom), decorating a nursery ( eh I made do with what I had), or purging your house of all things "dangerous" in your home (mostly heard of as baby proofing!)  

A little insight of my thought process:...... I was looking at a corner of a wall in my house and noticed a strip of blue tape that has been there for at least three years now. I was trying to figure out why I had blue painters tape just chilling on the bottom of my wall. Then it came to me!!! Yeah when my Lil slug a bug was just learning to walk he fell ... a lot. One time he fell right into the corner of this very wall and banged the side of his head by his eye. This was the start of those *gasping* moments. When he fell we noticed that a piece of paneling was loose  and that was when the blue tape came out. We taped up the corner of the wall until we nailed it, glued it.. whatever , I obviously was not the one to fix it. 
I remember a couple weeks of my wall being taped A close friend was over my house. We were in the middle of a movie when she just looked at me and said "Why do you have  blue tape on your wall?" well without missing a beat I replied with this "It's baby proofing tape!" No Lie My friend gave me a look and just said "They make baby proofing tape?" Me: "of course you can go to babies R us and get it." Hahahahahaha Oh My just thinking about this has me rolling. I had her so good. This almost never happens to me. Nobody ever believes what spills out of my mouth and for very good reason, I say nonsense things to get a rise out of people. Haha I guess they call that sarcasm. 

SO ANYWAY............. Back to the after thought of my intial thought process....... I was thinking why not making baby proofing tape! Hey they make cabinet lockers (hate those), door knob handle things ( hate them as well), socket covers, baby gates ( I actually love these and have a few),  and I'm sure there are other inventions I know nothing about or have never used. So why not tape!
Maybe someone already invented it BUT if not a little mothering tip. .... Invest in Blue Painters Tape (or green) and go to town. Warning: Tape peels easily and may become a tool for your child to tie you up and have full run of the house. Nah.. just kidding ...... But be careful.........


Side note: I'm linking up My Turkey Spinach and Artichoke stuffed shells. Check out this linky party over at Kitchen Fun with my 3 sons.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm just like that. Completely sarcastic and love to get odd looks at something I say. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait you are a riot...now come over here and cook me something:)

    ReplyDelete