Monday, March 5, 2012

SPicy Pop Pulled Pork!!

I have been on a little Hiatus this past week. My Bad! I kinda took a header down my staircase last weekend and was pretty much immobile most the week. Honestly I didn't get out of my bed until almost Thursday! I missed out on a lot! Not too mention when I finally did make it downstairs my house was a disaster. That is okay though because My man definitely stepped up and did the best he could by taking care of us. Making dinners, entertaining our three yr old and rubbing my soreness away whenever I asked. He really does have a sweet side. 
I Feel a whole lot better now one week after my tumble. Still a little sore but I'm up and moving again. (As long as I can stand on two feet I can deal with any soreness that is still lingering) I'm cooking again!! I missed my kitchen. All week I kept thinking about all the things I wish I could have been making while I was stuck in bed. I kept making mental lists. So the first day I was really out and about was this morning. We took the family to the park for everyone to enjoy the beautiful weather. Sunny and chilly, especially by the river, but gorgeous none the less and fresh air! I missed fresh air! After the park I made John drive me to the market so I could get all those ingredients I kept mental noting all week. I came home got to work cleaning my house mostly my kitchen and getting into cooking mode. 
I thought I come back to the kitchen with Spicy Pop Pulled Pork! Recipe compliments of the pioneer woman! My house has been smelling delicious all day!
Simple ingredients and patience make for great pulled pork.
Start with one onion, quartered
 I Had a 3 1/2 lb pork shoulder I rested on top of the onion. I sprinkled a little salt and pepper over the pork.


I picked up a can of chipolte peppers in adobo sauce. I popped the can and added half the peppers. I'm kinda a wimp and these chipolte's are spicy.


Then This is the strangest part of this recipe.. I added in a can of Dr Pepper!!

Put the lid back on the pot, stick it in the oven and let slow cook for at least six hours at 300 degrees.

 You also want to turn the pork about three to four times during the cooking process.









 Yummy!





Update:
Pork was a little too spicy for our taste. I guess we aren't adventurous pepper tasters around here. That's ok I added a couple drizzles of honey and tossed the pork around It helped! I added the meat to tacos and also added BBQ sauce for a sandwich!





1 comment:

  1. I too love this recipe! I fixed it for my grandsons when I visited them last month. So sorry you took a tumble, its so hard when we are laid up, even though the guys do a great job its still hard on us not to do things ourselves. I found you on the Taste This Thursday Blog Hop and I am glad I did. I am now following you and would love a follow back.

    My Turn (for us)

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    Thanks, I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete